Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ergonomics of Car Driving

I drive 50 kms up and down daily to office. As we work daily with computer, mostly used parts of the body are fingers. We cannot get rid off the usage of mouse, as it gives us bread and butter to live. While driving also, we have a wrong habit of using our thumbs to horn. It will end up in RSI and you'll pain in the fingers. I have took few pictures today on my way to office as I got time in the bangalore traffic signals :). Would like to share the good ones and bad ones.
Bad ones are
Do not give the pressure on the thumb finger, that raises lot of stress to the finger. As much as possible, avoid that habit. It comes by practice. Any change takes its own time. I took 2 weeks to practice this and now avoid the thumb finger usage.
Now, let me share god ones...

Please vote for us, today is the last day. Count down started, it ends at 12:00PM tonight (17th July 2009)

3 comments:

  1. Good thought! Mate, you take out the pain from fingers and now putting on your wrist!? Yea, one an debate on where it affecs more...

    Anyway, stop thinking and drive pleasurly I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind Raffi, Better would be to not to honk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amar I think wrist is stronger than finger. Anyhow, lets drive pleasurely

    @Viju yeah, better to avoid honking, which solves the issue.

    ReplyDelete