Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Keep a Backup to stay cool

One of my friend, who is a Vice president, was sharing his experience of the journey from developer to vice president in flat 11 years... One of the point is have backup to make the same progress in the activities without any dependencies, be it a people, be it a resource, etc.

I realized this today. I had all my photos, videos, etc in my external hard disk. Yesterday night, when I was uploading the pictures to flickr, my roomie's leg hit that hard disk by mistake, the hard disk fell down and it stopped working :(

Luckily, one of my travel mate copied all the trip photos recently to have his copy :)
I called him to get his hard disk today. This worked as a backup, but in a unplanned way.
It is always better to have a planned backup :)
Be it a project execution, have a back up plan, for each of the resource, to succeed by overcoming the unexpected problems that may raise anytime.

Vote for me to hear more experiences....

No comments:

Post a Comment